I love a basic bowl of pasta, it’s the one thing that if I am starving but can’t be bothered to spend ages preparing and cooking a meal that I can throw together and eat knowing that I’ll be satisfied. It doesn’t matter if you are a vegetarian or a meat eater there is a pasta sauce out there that will suit everyone, including this one which can be made with with, or without meat. You can also substitute the oil for a large chunk of butter but you’re talking heart attack city! Stir it into spaghetti or a bowl of my home made Strozzapreti for a wicked fast, wonderful and filling supper dish.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- large sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 100g Chorizo (either spicy or smoky is fine or you can leave it out completely)
- Chop your garlic finely and remove the leaves from the rosemary stalks and chop them.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic, rosemary and Chorizo if you are using. Stir fry for about 2 minutes then add the parmesan.
- Add your pasta and stir it all together.
- Serve with some crusty bread.